“Nothing added, nothing taken away” in our no-preservatives, vegan-friendly natural wines!
We make premium quality natural wines in Barossa Valley, using traditional, low-intervention winemaking methods. Our single-vineyard wines are fully estate-made – from hand-picking the grapes, winemaking, wine maturation, bottling and labeling.
The wines are SO2-free and contain no additives of any kind
Stan, Mill About Vineyard’s grapegrower and winemaker, crafts the wines exclusively from our own organically-managed vineyard – 90-year old Grenache, Semillon, Muscat, and Mataro. Stan uses only wild yeast and does not add any artificial additives or preservatives. The wines ferment in beeswax lined clay pots (amphorae) and mature old French barrels.
Here are some comments from people who’ve tried our wines.
Tinto Rosso 2016 (red wine)
A field blend of two grape varieties in the vineyard: 100-year-old Grenache and younger Mataró (also called Mourvèdre orMonastrell).
- fermented in a beeswax lined clay pot, wild yeast
- no stirring, no additions whatsoever, no racking, no fining, no filtering, just peace and quiet, and occasional topping up of the barrel
- matured for eight months in an old French oak barrique
- the characteristic flavor profiles of the Grenache and the Mataro are well pronounced: aromatic, sweet dark red fruits like raspberries, cherries and plums, subtle herbal spice and firm taninic structure; soft, velvety
- alcohol level: 13°
The wine composition and the winemaking methods haven’t changed – but the vintage is what makes all the difference. The 2017 Tinto Rosso is softer, velvety, with a bit less acidity.
Tinto Rosso’17 is our signature field blend of two grape varieties: 100-year-old Grenache and younger Mataró (also called Mourvèdre orMonastrell). Fermented in a beeswax lined clay pot. No stirring, no additions whatsoever, no racking, no fining, no filtering, just peace and quiet, and occasional topping up of the barrel. This natural wine is matured for eight months in an old French oak barrique. Alcohol level: 13°. Drink now or cellar for 2-3 years.
Ambrato 2017 (orange / amber wine)
Made from white grapes but with red winemaking techniques. A blend of unirrigated Semillon, Muscat Blanc plus a little bit of Muscat Rouge.
- the Muscat portion was fermented on skins, with native yeasts
- following fermentation the two grapes were blended straight into an old French oak barrique
- matured for 7 months
- full natural malolactic fermentation with no acidity adjustments
- bottled without SO2
- alcohol level: 11.5°
Aromatic, “turkish-delight”and strawberries flavours from the Muscat part, and rich creamy texture from the Semillon part; surprising, pleasant amber colour that comes from the long skin contact of the white grapes
Barrica Rose 2017
Dry grown Grenache picked early at the right Baume and pH for a Rose.
- dry-grown Grenache picked early at the right Baume and pH for a Rose
- barrel fermented with its native yeasts and bacteria, full malolactic
- matured on fine lees in an old French oak barrique (hence the name) for 8 months without racking
- no acidity adjustments
- bottled straight from the barrel, without SO2
- no fining, no filtering
- alcohol level: 12°
Elegant, light, youthful and crispy, with clear rose colour and slightly bubbly, aromatic and refreshing.